BOMA Georgia was recognized by Association TRENDS with a 2022 Gold Trendy Award in the eLearning & Live Training category.
BOMA Georgia produced a two-part webinar series designed to help real estate professionals better understand building structural inspection and repair.
The first webinar focused on inspections and tips for consistent maintenance on commercial structures. The second webinar explored how to navigate the repair work of commercial structures.
The webinar series was followed up with 11 additional complimentary resources for real estate professionals to better understand issues around structural inspection and repair. These resources included:
- Understanding Steel Reinforced Concrete and Repair Methods: Evan Moore, PE, SE, with Engineered Restorations, Inc., explores the importance and versatility of reinforced concrete.
- Defining Structures: Scott Weiland, PE, SE, with Innovative Engineering Inc. breaks down the most common terms and acronyms property professionals need to know about building structures.
- Structural Considerations for Older Buildings: Mark Lester, PE, and Mike Merrick, PE, SE, with PENTA Engineering Group, LLC., discuss the issues found in repairing older buildings.
- Inspection Challenges: Brian Rivers, PE, with PM&A, speaks on the common obstacles faced by structural engineers in inspections, and how these challenges are overcome.
- Repairing Older Structures: Mike Merrick, PE, SE, and Mark Lester, PE, of PENTA Engineering Group, LLC., explores the constraints in repairing older structures.
- Seismic and Other Considerations in Repairing Older Structures: Mike Merrick, PE, SE, and Mark Lester, PE, explain the consideration in strengthening and repairing older façades and structures.
- When to Engage a Structural Engineer: Brian Rivers, PE, details some of the damage requiring an inspection from a structural engineer and contractor, as well as when to inspect buildings and parking structures.
- Cracking Concrete, A Visual Review: Evan Moore, PE, SE, describes the many ways concrete can crack, when to engage building engineer and contractor for inspection, and a how cracks are repaired.
- Using Leaks to Identify Structural Issues: Scott Weiland, PE, SE, explains how leaks can aid in the identification of issues, and what to do when they are found.
- Resources for Structural Inspection and Repair: Evan Moore, PE, SE, describes four resources for building owners and managers on structural inspection and repair.
- Structural Inspection and Repair Terms: Understanding what is being said when a building is inspected and repaired will help as you navigate the incredibly important task of maintaining a building. Here are a few terms you may run into.
To make these resources easily accessible, a one-page digital Structural Inspection and Repair Guide was created.
The webinar series and supplemental resources were produced by BOMA Georgia through its CRE Insight Journal platform and gained national attention, with real estate professionals throughout the United States participating in the live webinar presentation and accessing the follow-up resources.